September 7, 2012

Vampiro

Sorry, we had a brief hiatus with the blog. We got busy with the summer and all that it brings - heat, summer school, going out, staying in, barbqs, short getaways, having fun, etc.  OK and we got a little lazy too. Sometimes the best solution for uninspiredness is stepping away. So that's what we did. And now we're back!



Here's a pic of what I drank yesterday.  I was picking up some pizza from the Folliero's in Highland Park and passed by a juice shop, La Palapa.  I ordered the "Vampiro". Now I know why it's named that. It's orange juice, carrot juice and beet juice.  Warning: do not wear anything white when you drink this.  And don't be surprised when you go to the bathroom! I had a brief moment of "what the...?!#! 

Oh yes, the beet juice.

It was a delicious drink, sweet, sour, salty.  Next time I'm going for "Diablito" which is juice, mango ice cream, chili, melons and a chili stick.  Now that's a drink.



No comments:

Post a Comment